Alongside the excellent support offered by the fostering team, when you foster for your local authority you will also have access to:
- Mentoring/budding scheme for new foster carers.
- Active participation groups with foster carers.
- Annual activities, parties and events for both foster carers and children/young people.
- Annual foster carers celebration / awards evening.
- Bespoke specialist foster carer training courses.
- Support group and activities for your own children. We value the whole fostering family and it’s important that family members have the right support in place too.
- Informal social events to enable you to network, for example coffee mornings.